The Soroka-15E is a mini audio recorder in Mono format with a built-in MEMS microphone that comes with a 32 GB SD card. Users familiar with the Soroka-09 model will recognize that the Soroka-15E is an updated version of it.
It has a metal body, an external microphone, and increased operation stability at the ultrasound. The recorder's microphone is high-quality designed so it has a high sensitivity paired with low noise levels. That enables it to provide professional-level audio quality in a 9-meter radius.
The light-weight metal body is 5,3 mm thick and the device has overall measurements of 33.3x26x5.3 mm, which is approx. size of an SD card adapter. It is impressive that in such a small device a low-consumption battery fits, which allows for up to 4 days!
The device comes with Automatic and Manual Gain Control (AGC) that enables it to control the recording sound level, as well as Voice activation control, and timer recording.
The configuration software is available for download below.
Soroka-15E Main Features:
- Lightweight, durable and small
- One button operation
- High-quality audio
- Up to 4 days (83 h) of recording
- Automatic and Manual Gain Control (AGC)
- External microphone
- Comes with 32 GB SD Card
- Timestamp available
- Compatible with iOS and Windows
Soroka-15E SpecificationsHeight: 33.3 mm
Width: 26 mm
Thickness: 5.3 mm
Weight: 9 g
Battery life in record mode: up to 83 h
Power supply: rechargeable battery
Built-in microphone sensitivity: up to 9 m
Compact flash card capacity: 32 GB
Interface: USB 2.0
Audio codec: 8 bit, 16 bit, 20 bit
Audio recording mode: Mono
Recording format: WAV
Compression method: without compression, uLaw
Frequency band: 3 Hz - 13.536 kHz
Dynamic range: 60 dB
Sample rate: 8, 16, 24, 32
Sound amplification: YES
Indication of operation: LEDs
Voice Activating System: YES
Timer recording: YES
Battery charging time: up to 5 hours
Image: This is how the configuration file looks like, that enables you to set up the Soroka-15E.
How to use the Soroka-15E:
- Download the Software for the device and extract the files onto your PC (for example open your Soroka file on the desktop)
- Run the dict10.exe while still on the desktop
- In the first tab - Setting up the voice recorder - choose "Save configuration file". Now you either choose the provided dict.ini or you make your own file on the link below
- Upload the dict.ini file and click OK
- Take the dict.ini file that you have just set up, and copy-paste or drag and drop it to the provided SD card.
To set up the Soroka-15E on your Mac/iOS (works for Windows also), follow these steps:
Go to http://dict.labi2.ru/#
and choose your Soroka model in the drop-down menu and the other settings you need
Download the file onto your Mac.
Save the file on the provided SD card
Image: Setup example via web URL, for Mac.
The device is now setup, and you can start the recordings as follows:
- Make sure the device is charged (battery status check, please take a look at the user manual)
- Insert the SD card
- Connect the external microphone
- Press the on/off button for 4 seconds
The Edic Mini Tiny recorders are not compatible with iOS, all of them are compatible with Windows only. The Soroka series and the EDIC-mini Weeny Series are compatible with iOs and any other OS.
All Soroka devices are compatible with a Mac. All files are saved on the SD card so they can be read on any OS and a settings file can be created from the web version.
Here you can create a configuration file for any Soroka model:http://dict.labi2.ru/#
For more details on the configuration of the Soroka-15E, and usage, please download the user manual below. It has detailed setup info.
Warranty: 24 Months
>>Download detailed specifications (PDF)<<