Disclaimer: Items on the website are not be used for the purpose of illegal surveillance of unsuspecting subjects. The items are to be used only in compliance with all the local laws and regulations under the threat of penalty.
Do not let the size fool you! It may be the smallest of the Soroka models (26,5*26,8*5,3 mm), however, the Soroka-17E is capable of 65 hours of recordings in continuous mode.
It is equipped with a high-quality MEMS microphone that will deliver crisp sounds from a 9 m radius, in Mono format. The microphone is designed in a way that enables it to offer high sensitivity as well as low noise levels.
The tiny Soroka-17E comes with Automatic and Manual Gain Control (AGC) that enables it to control the recording sound level, as well as Voice activation control, and timer recording.
The battery is built-in, and the 32 GB SD card is provided in the accessories of the device.
More info about configuration and software can be found below.
Soroka-17E Main Features:
- Lightweight, durable, and extremely small
- One button operation
- High-quality audio
- Up to 65 h of recording
- Automatic and Manual Gain Control (AGC)
- Comes with 32 GB SD Card
- Timestamp available
- Compatible with iOS and Windows
Weight: 6 g
Battery life in record mode: 65 h
Power supply: rechargeable battery
Built-in microphone sensitivity: up to 9 m
Built-in flash memory: 32 Gb
Audio-codec: 8 bit, 16 bit, 20 bit
Audio recording mode: Mono
Recording format: WAV
Frequency band: 3 Hz - 13.536 kHz
Dynamic range: 60 dB
Sample rate: 8, 16, 24, 32
Indication of operation: LEDs
Battery charging time: up to 4 hours
Image: This is how the configuration file looks like, that enables you to set up the Soroka-17E.
How to use the Soroka-17E:
- Download the Software for the device and extract the files onto your PC (for example open your Soroka file on the desktop)
- Run the dict10.exe while still on the desktop
- In the first tab - Setting up the voice recorder - choose "Save configuration file". Now you either choose the provided dict.ini or you make your own file on the link below
- Upload the dict.ini file and click OK
- Take the dict.ini file that you have just set up, and copy-paste or drag and drop it to the provided SD card.
To set up the Soroka on your Mac/iOS (works for Windows also), follow these steps:
Go to http://dict.labi2.ru/#
and choose your Soroka model in the drop-down menu and the other settings you need
Download the file onto your Mac.
Save the file on the provided SD card
Image: Setup example via web URL, for Mac.
The device is now setup, and you can start the recordings as follows:
- Make sure the device is charged (battery status check, please take a look at the user manual)
- Insert the SD card
- Connect the external microphone
- Press the on/off button for 4 seconds
The Edic Mini Tiny recorders are not compatible with iOS, all of them are compatible with Windows only. The Soroka series and the EDIC-mini Weeny Series are compatible with iOs and any other OS.
All Soroka devices are compatible with a Mac. All files are saved on the SD card so they can be read on any OS and a settings file can be created from the web version.
Here you can create a configuration file for any Soroka model:
For more details on the configuration of the Soroka-17E, and usage, please study the user manual available for download below. It has detailed setup info.
Warranty: 24 Months