iProtect 1215 Microwave Pointer
The new iProtect 1215 has a frequency range from 4-13 GHz - in comparison - the typical RF detectors are capable of discovering signals up to 4-6 GHz, usually leaving higher frequencies unnoticed during sweeping procedures.
This new Microwave pointer was specially designed to extend the checked frequency range during sweeping procedures up to 13 GHz. It is able to detect surveillance bugging devices that standard RF detector can not. The directed antenna allows the user to understand where the signal is coming from and to locate the source physically.
A number of wireless devices can be active on the 5.8 GHz ISM band without being detected by standard RF detectors, so special attention should be paid to it during the sweep.
The iProtect 1215 has a 16 segment bargraph indicator which allows the user to find the area with the strongest signal for location. If necessary to decrease the sensitivity during the location process, you can use the attenuator function; ATT. The device has a physical Rf attenuator level up to -20dB (professional communications).
It has three modes of operation: vibration, audio and normal which can be selected by the MODE button. The vibration mode is very useful in situations where you can not see LED indicators, for example. under the furniture, in hard to access places, between gasps etc.
The detecting distance depends on the power and frequency of the transmitter, so it may vary from 20 cm to 2-3 meters.
iProtect 1215 Illustration from Quick Manual
Typical signals detected by iProtect 1215 are:
- Wireless microphones working on 5 GHz frequency band
- Wireless video cameras 5GHz
- Covert 5GHz Wi-Fi access point
- Covert 5GHz Wi-Fi client device
- Other surveillance (bugging devices) employing frequencies between 4-13 GHz
Detects bugging devices omitted by standard RF detectors:
- Discovers microwave signals in the range of 4-13 GHz
- Detects signals no matter the type; audio or video; digital or analogue
- Built-in directed antenna
- 3 working modes: Normal, Vibrating and Audio
- 16-segment indicator for easy and precise pinpointing of the bugging device
- Sensitivity controlled by attenuator
- Antenna's directivity (out-of-direction attenuation) -6 dBm
- Portable and durable duralumin body
- Powered by just 1 AA (LR06) battery ( 2 batteries in accessories)
- Low power indication
- Battery resource 12-25 hours
iProtect 1215 Specification:
Frequency range: 4000 – 13000 MHz (4-13 GHz)
- 16-segment bargraph
- Battery state (3 colors)
- Working mode
- ATT state
Battery resource 12 – 25 hours
Dimensions 172 * 19 mm
Normal: 80 mA
Vibrating: 180 mA
Audio: 130 mA
Power source 1 x AA battery (LR06)
For further details regarding the setting up and specifications of the iProtect 1215, please read the PDF files available for download below.
Also, please read the instructions on preparations before performing the sweep.
24 Months Warranty.