Disclaimer: Items on the website are not be used for the purpose of illegal surveillance of unsuspecting subjects. The items are to be used only in compliance with all the local laws and regulations under the threat of penalty.
BURAN 500 GSM Bug and Voice Recorder with long battery life, voice activation, and security features.
The Buran 500 is a combination of a GSM Bug and an Audio Recorder, with internal 8 GB memory. It has a black box design and two strong neodymium magnets that are attached to the robust plastic carbon casing of the device, so you can deploy it in a second to metal surfaces. The 3D MEMS low noise microphone is made for use in GSM communication and makes clear - low noise - audio possible. In addition, the Automatic Level Control (ALC) controls the output power to the speaker, prevents loudspeaker overload, and optimizes the dynamic range.
It can record up to 1800h in sleep mode, up to 75h in continuous mode, and up to 200h in GSM standby mode.
The Voice activation level can be adjusted with the provided PC software. The provided USB cable is essential for the functioning of the device as it acts as a security measure. You can not retrieve any files from the recorder without the cable in the accessories of the device.
This model has an integrated microphone, however, can be equipped with an external microphone
The Buran 1200 is also available - it is a GSM Bug, Audio Recorder, and GPS Locator. You can take a look at the comparison sheet here
Buran Illustration from Manual below - description on the device for illustration purposes, there is NO text on the device.
Buran 500 Main Features:
- Power Sleep Technology allows up to 1800 h of recordings in sleep mode
- Up to 75 h in continuous mode
- Up to 200h in GSM standby mode
- 8 GB Integrated Memory
- Coded cable for protected PC connection
- Black Box design - no labels, codes, or any info about the device
- Voice activation can be adjusted
- Automatic Level Control Function
- Mp3 recording format with 48kHz sampling frequency
- Each recording is saved in its own file
- Made in the EU
Buran 500 Voice activation sensitivity adjustment option - from the user manual
>>Download detailed specifications (PDF)<<
Buran 500 Specifications:
Battery life in Sleep mode: 1800 hours(when GSM is OFF)
Battery life in recording mode: 75 hours (when GSM is OFF)
Battery life in GSM standby mode: 200 hours (recording is OFF)
MP3 recording format: (48kHz sampling freq.)
Voice activation: Available with PC software for selection of voice level activation in 5 steps
ALC: preamplifier for superior sound
Each recording is in a separate file
Dimensions 47 * 23 * 18 mm
Current consumption : 6 mA in recording , 0,3mA in standby
Memory integrated: 8Gb
Battery: LiIon 500 mAh
The GSM Module Specifications and Feature Focus:
- Battery life in GSM transmission mode: 5-7 hours (recording is OFF)
- Battery life in GSM standby mode 200 hours (recording is OFF)
- Battery life in GSM deep sleep mode 3 months (recording is OFF)
The GSM listening module comes with its own set of advantages:
Calls from numbers other than the Administration number are not possible
Deep Sleep Mode - up to 6 months
This mode allows you to set a predefined recording schedule. When the device is not needed it will shut itself down and preserve battery power. This way it can last up to 6 months, depending on the surveilled area of course.
3D MEMS microphone
The 3D MEMS microphone is specially adjusted for GSM communication and allows for quality audio due to the subsided noise levels.
The device has the ability to locate via LBS base stations.
Alarm - Sound or Vibration
If you enable the sound alarm feature the device will let you know if it detects any sound in the room. If you enable the vibration feature the device will let you know if it shakes.
Nano SIM Card
The device is compatible with NANO SIM cards of all operators.
How to use the device:
- Insert the Nano SIM card into the Buran, as shown in the picture below
- Connect the Buran to your PC and choose the VOS and audio sensitivity
- If you want the device to just record the audio, switch to "REC"
- Switch ON the device by pressing the GSM ON/OFF button, located next to the SIM card opening, and hold for approx. 3 seconds until the red light blinks
- Switch OFF by pressing the GSM ON/OFF button for about 10 seconds until the red light stops blinking and starts to light up constantly
- If you want to activate the VOS function send the following SMS messages to the device: 333
For more information on the Buran 500, and how to set it up, please study the PDF file available for download below.
24 Months Warranty